Sunday 1 January 2012

Hello and Welcome!

Hello, this is my first ever attempt at blogging, I figured since I've got a lot on my mind I figured I post my thoughts into this blog!....

I'm an 18 year old going on 19 in a few weeks from a borough of London called Bermondsey, home of Millwall FC and home of famous Rock 'n' Roll musician Tommy Steele. I was born here in 1993 and I've lived here all of my life in the same house brought up by Father and Mother (who sadly passed away in 2010). Music has been a massive part of my life since 2007 when I first discovered how to compose music. Music was never focused on my mind at first, I always used to see music as background noise for my daily lifestyle during Secondary School. As time went on I studyed music for GCSE levels and then A and AS Levels. During that duration I discovered a large amount of new genres, new albums, new songs, some of which the normal 16 year old growing up in Bermondsey would've never even heard of. I used this as an advantage to become more creative and become more broad minded and versatile.

I spent literally hours at home using sites such as Discogs and independent music sites such as Pitchfork Media to discover new music, whereas, all my friends at school were listening to the chart music which didn't really appeal to me because I saw all the new mainstream chart music as "repetitive drivel". I still hold those opinions today in 2012 where nothing has changed. I still find myself discovering new music from the 1970s-80s and 90s influenced by the use of Youtube and music blogs. I've been collecting Vinyls since January 2010. The audio quality of them appealed to me since they were 10000000 times better than any old mp3 or CD. I will be able to list my collection in due time as they're stashed up in my bedroom

Cheers for visiting my blog, I should have a LOT to say about music and other stuff :D

1 comment:

  1. happy to be on board & sharing ideas here, dave. tho i'm centuries older, we do have some common ground which floors me to no end. i expect to learn LOTSf rom you my friend....ah, 18 year old w/ chops in LONDON sounds awesome. have at it, mate! it'll be fun following your ride. cheers

    ReplyDelete